Darryl Toerien and I continue our monthly chat, FOSIL, Education and School Libraries. This month we are chatting about what you can find on the FOSIL Group website and developments coming up over the summer.
The topics we cover are:-
- FOSIL Group website and why you set it up.
- What can you find on the website?
- Where would you suggest they start?
- Why is the discussion forum so important?
- If someone wanted to join in a forum discussion what do they need to be aware of? ( importance of subscribing to the conversation to see replies).
- Future developments
Principles and Practice: Learning and Libraries in an Information Age (Edited by Barbara Stripling in 1999!)
Carol Kuhlthau’s chapter is called Literacy and Learning for the Information Age. "Inquiry requires information literacy skills. When library media specialists and teachers collaborate to create an inquiry approach to learning, students develop dual competencies in subject content and information literacy" (p. 11)
Empire State Information Fluency Continuum https://slsa-nys.libguides.com/ifc/gradeassessments
FOSIL explained - Youtube https://youtu.be/VDLScPK3YGY
The FOSIL Group Website overview - https://youtu.be/bvT0m23NFfw
Courses available to explain the FOSIL cycle in more detail - https://www.elizabethahutchinson.com/payperview?Category=The+FOSIL+Cycle
Membership information - https://www.elizabethahutchinson.com/aboutmembership